Glenelg Football Club has a display at the Rituals That Bind Us exhibition at the Bay Discovery Centre, Glenelg Town Hall, Moseley Square.
The display, on the ground floor behind an exhibition of wedding and formal occasion dresses, is for just a gold coin donation and runs until July 21.
The display includes -
- The Most Consistent Player Trophy that was presented to Glenelg's first Magarey Medallist Jim Handby in 1926.
- The football used when Glenelg beat North Adelaide at Glenelg Oval in September 1931.
- Neil Davies' 1953 All-Australian blazer.
- A coloured framed picture of Glenelg's first captain-coach Jack Hanley, posing in front of the old gum tree in 1921.
- A traditional style lace-up Guernsey signed by the 1995 Glenelg side and modern guernsey from 2005 signed by Tigers players, including Bryce Gibbs, just 16 at the time but now an AFL superstar with Carlton.
- The Life Member certificate presented to Ern Rugless in 1926. Rugless was honorary secretary of the Glenelg Football Club from 1921-36.
- Framed photos of Glenelg's first league side of 1921 and the 1973 Tigers premiership team, one of the greatest sides in SANFL history.
Don’t miss Australia's best and most controversial comedian Rodney Rude at Glenelg Football Club on Wednesday 19 June 2013.
TICKETS $54 each
VIP Table seating upgrade only $30 Extra
- A free Schooner on arrival
- Platters of your delicious FOOTY favorites...
- Sit Back ,Relax,and enjoy the Show!!
HAPPY HOUR:6:30pm- 7.30pm
Rude is now even funnier. Laughing hard will reduce your stress, crank down your cholesterol, unplug your arteries and improve your sex life. Not to mention making you 48.6 per cent better looking! And who better to achieve all those health and beauty bonuses than Australia’s funnies, rudest and most Un-Politically Correct comedian RODNEY RUDE? Rude chases his laughs like a demon and is relentless in his pursuit of comedy excellence. Laugh until tears roll down your legs.
Question: So Rodney, what can we expect from this monster comedy event? We know you’re an Australian comedy icon, what will we get?
Answer: “Huge laughs, ‘cause I’m the funniest comic whoever drew breath!