A unique opportunity exists for the right person to join our kitchen at the Bay’s Biggest Backyard!
Your primary responsibility will be to lead and manage a kitchen team and ensure that our food maintains the highest quality.
Are you a Chef who:
- is passionate about the quality of food you produce.
- is wanting to build a reputation for high quality bistro food.
- can lead and inspire a team
- has excellent communication skills
- is commercially savvy and customer focused
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design menus that enhance our customers experience whilst maintaining high quality.
- Develop and maintain a contemporary menu relevant to our patron demographic.
- Ensure that all food preparation is in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain value for money produce.
- Design standardised food presentation guidelines for each dish.
- Monitor inventory levels of commonly used items.
- Look for ways to reduce spoilage of infrequently used items.
- Hire, train and manage staff about proper kitchen sanitization methods.
- Work closely with our Venue Manager to grow our Bistro patronage.
You must have:
- 5 years experience as a qualified Head Chef and/or similar role.
- Ability to track expenses and manage a budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
An attractive salary commensurate with this key role will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications are now being accepted via Seek here.